Chair: Joseph E. Quandt
Our dedicated and experienced environmental attorneys provide a comprehensive range of services related to environmental law issues, including consulting, litigation, and regulatory counseling for businesses, individuals, municipalities, and industry. Our attorneys provide a unique expertise in areas of environmental law that is backed by diverse, scientific backgrounds. Our managing member is currently a Council Member of the Michigan Bar Environmental Law Section, Co-Chair of the Environmental Program Committee and Co-Chair of the Natural Resources Committee. We have successfully represented clients in all areas of environmental law including:
• Agriculture/Land Use. We serve as environmental counsel for one of Michigan’s largest fruit processors, and we have assisted with state and federal permitting for an extensive variety of farming practices. We have also represented landowners and farmers in enforcement actions and citizen suits.
• Enforcement and Litigation. We have litigated at all levels of administrative agency and judicial proceedings. We provide comprehensive environmental litigation services involving all facets of environmental litigation, including cost recovery and contribution lawsuits, citizen suits, contested cases in administrative proceedings, lawsuits under state and federal environmental statutes and governmental enforcement actions.
• Investigation, Remediation, & Cleanup of Contaminated Sites/Facilities. We coordinate environmental investigation of properties and assist clients in structuring transactions to address known and unknown environmental risks. We regularly review due diligence documents, including Baseline Environmental Client Assessments, and conduct environmental due diligence reviews in major commercial transactions. We also assist in dealing with contamination and cleanup issues associated with currently owned properties. Our firm has extensive experience in overseeing environmental remediation and working with state agencies to foster the cleanup of contaminated properties.
• Oil & Gas. We serve as counsel to a large number of oil and gas companies. We are involved in the permitting and ongoing compliance for oil and gas interests across the state, including the representation of several companies in environmental litigation.
• Natural Resources. We advise clients on all aspects of natural resources permitting and compliance, including wetlands, forestry, inland lakes and streams, natural rivers, and other natural resources.
• Regulatory Compliance. We have experience in assisting clients in reviewing and assessing regulatory compliance under all major environmental laws. We work closely with our clients to reduce risk and exposure to environmental liabilities and to develop cost-effective compliance strategies within the regulatory framework.
• State & Federal Permitting. Our environmental practice covers the full range of federal, state and local environmental permitting and reporting. We have successfully negotiated air, water and waste permits for businesses, industries, and individuals.
• Underground Storage Tanks. We represents owners and operators of underground storage tank (UST) sites. We have experience in all areas of federal and state UST statutes and regulations, including state financial assurance programs, tank registration, operation, removal, reporting requirements and investigation and remediation.
For more information about environmental litigation services, please contact Joseph E. Quandt or Gina A. Bozzer.
Contractors and Toxic Mold Claims
Are Michigan's Grooming Initiatives Rotten To The Corps
Important Developments In State Emvironmental Laws
EPA Targets Specific Industries for Enforcement Action in 2002
MDEQ Reorganizes - Again
The Slippery Slopes of Ice Mountain
Congress Complicates Brownfield Ownership
Shoreline Owners Get Environmental Relief
The Developer's Environmental Checklist
DEQ Reorganizes Just in Time for Sweeping New Permit Policies
Protecting Your Rights in Environmental Inspections and Investigations
The Shifting Sand